This season so far has just been craziness. The Leafs and Stars are the leaders of their respective conferences and remain the only teams unbeaten. If someone had told me before the season started that we would start 4-0, I would have asked you what you were smoking.
Because obviously the Stars we know from recent seasons would never, ever start the season so well. I mean, it just doesn’t happen.
Ok, let’s talk about last night’s thriller.
- First, let’s talk Kari Lehtonen. He’s the only reason they won that game. Kari kept the Blues’ lead from increasing, while the Stars pulled themselves together to tie it. He made key saves when they needed them. He’s been the rock back there all season. I hope he keeps it up.
- Brad Richards is tied for the league lead in points with Marian Hossa. He’s really making a big case for league MVP. He’s had four straight two-point-or-more games.
- Loui Eriksson is vastly underrated. He had a fantastic pass to James Neal for the first goal and his tying goal was beautiful. Loui’s become quite the sniper over the past couple of seasons. The sad thing is that no one’s really given him credit for his awesomeness.
- For a team that couldn’t score a shootout goal at all last year, going three-for-three was very impressive. B-Rad’s goal was a terrific shot. Ribs’ was a thing of magic. Loui’s wasn’t even really a shot, but I loved it.
- Finally, look at this save of the year from Ty Conklin. Ribs might have had nightmares about this one if we hadn’t won. I know I would have.
Next up: Monday agianst B-Rad’s former team and his BFFFs, Vinny and Marty, the Yzerman Tampa Bay Lightning.
Let’s make it happen.